Just a note to say how much I appreciated hearing the background and process of book writing and publishing. I read and never think about what has gone into bringing that book to my hands. One of our very best meetings!
Laurie is a natural at adapting her presentation to the age, stage and interest of the audience. And I could listen to her read for hours!
- Ban Righ, Queen’s University, Kingston, ON – January 25 at noon
- Queen’s University Women, Kingston , ON – April 25th at 1:30 pm
- Book Club, Ottawa, ON – May 11
- More to come!
- Kingsdale Chateau, Kingston ON – November 18 at 7:00 pm
- Royale Place, Kingston, ON – November 11 at 1:20 pm
- The Rosewood, Kingston, ON – November 9 at 2:00 pm
- The Kensington, Victoria, BC. – Sept. 13, 2015
- Boys and Girls Club Career Week – August 5, 2015
- Boys and Girls Club Kingston – Robert Meek School – May 6, 2015
- Book Club Presentation – Napanee, ON – May 1, 2015
- Book Launch – Victoria, B.C. April 23, 2015
- Presentation at OPP Central Hastings Detachment – Dec. 22, 2014
- Book Club Presentation, Kingston, ON – Dec. 1, 2014
- Book Launch – Kingston, ON – Nov. 22, 2014
Thanks so much for suggesting that we read The Medal by Laurie Ness Gordon and for arranging for Laurie to be our guest tonight. It was fascinating to hear her story about the life of a writer, challenges with publishing houses, the characters, necessary research and so much more. She is one dynamic, talented and energetic woman.
Laurie Ness Gordon was indeed an inspiring woman. The insights she offered into the life of a writer were golden, demystifying for me her craft and the whole publishing process.